Learn more about internal medicine, which focuses on diagnosing and treating adult illness.
Internal medicine is a medical specialty dealing with the long-term, comprehensive management of both common and complex medical illnesses of adolescents (age 18 and older), adults and the elderly.
Internal medicine physicians typically treat internal disorders such as diabetes, gastrointestinal tract problems, allergies, immune system abnormalities, stress-related disorders and many other problems.
Our practice offers the customized health services you need to maintain wellness throughout adulthood. Proactive preventive care, disease management and treatment are just a few of our practice's cornerstones. Combined with a compassionate approach to healing, these services offer you the resources, information and techniques necessary for combating disease and enabling more comfortable, healthier living. Our scope of medical care includes:
- Provide ongoing care for those with chronic illnesses e.g., diabetes, hypertension or cardiac conditions
- Treat common health problems e.g., allergies, infections, influenza or pneumonia
- Examine and diagnose patients using medical equipment, instruments and tests
- Prescribe and administer drugs and treatments
- Immunize patients to protect them from preventable diseases
- Perform physical exams for athletics and employment
- Provide routine gynecological care (e.g., pap smears and post-menopausal care)